Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kitty

For this project I looked on pinterest to get some ideas when I saw a picture of a white cat with blue eyes,  I thought this would be perfect for this project.  To demonstrate emphasis on the cat I used some dark blue, light blue, white,  light green,  and even purple. This really brought emphasis to the cats eyes. I chose to used pastel pencils for this project since the pencil had more control over it.  I also love the way the pastels would blend with each other.  This really helped my peice because I was able to add colors that I wouldn't normally put in to add depth to the cat's face. For me a risk I took was using purple on the WHITE cat! This scared me since I tend to stay away from darker colors,  but in the end it turned out really well. I felt that my project had a very good technique,  especially with the cat's fur since this took so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment